Hygiene is too important for a restaurant, make sure your restaurant is hygienic

Sometimes we make blunders in the fear of offending others. One such blunder was made by the mother of a small Indian restaurant owner in Chiang Mai, Thailand. We don’t want to disclose the name of the restaurant, the restaurant owner’s mother or the restaurant owner’s, so we will give them the names – Nankana to the restaurant, Nin to the restaurant owner’s mother and Chakan to the restaurant owner.

Chakan has this small street restaurant where he cooks the food himself and has only one employee who serves the food. Chakan is popular in his area for making unbeatable delicious Indian food. His ancestors from the mother’s side are Indians and that’s where he learnt the cooking from. His mother also helps him sometime teaching new dishes after she watches the recipe and how to cook on the Youtube, but Chakan is very egoistic and he wouldn’t listen to his mom’s recipes.

Chakan started losing customers in the July of 2017 and in about the September of 2017, he was thinking of shutting down the restaurants as there were no regular customers that he had. Chakan only thought that good food is what the customers come to a restaurant for. He didn’t believe that hygiene has anything to do with a restaurant’s business until his mother had to tell him that the geckos (ตุ๊กแก) are what causing all the customers to shoo away. Chakan had to listen to his mother this time because his restaurant is the thing that he loves the most and he would do anything to save it. Chakan asked his mother “Do you know any solution to this problem”? His mother then told him about a product available at the Shopee and he complied with his mother’s advise. Today, his restaurant is doing better than ever before and he is even planning to open another branch.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *